Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Project 365: Day 12

As I mentioned a couple days ago, this week is restaurant week in Denver, so tonight I went out with a friend of mine, Natalie, to Strings on 17th and Humboldt.

The meal was amazing - I have to admit it was leaps and bounds over Kevin Taylor - every course was mouth watering. I will definitely be recommending this place to friends and taking Nick out on a date here some day soon. And a fun fact is that they actually do a $52.80 dinner special every Sunday night, which is an amazing deal because as I said, the food was fabulous.

Just for fun, I copied the description of my dinner from their menu:

White Bean and Carrot Soup ~ Garlic Chips and Carrot- Cumin Crème Fraiche

Seafood Capellini ~ Mussels, Shrimp, Calamari and Spicy Tomato Sauce

Confit Pork Cheek ~ Asparagus, Snow Peas, Fontina and Truffled Cream

Key Lime Tart ~ White Chocolate Cream, Tropical Fruit Relish, Mango Coulis


Yum yum yum!

I knew all day long that this was going to be the highlight of my day so I was saving my picture of the day for my dinner, but I didn't want to be snapping pictures of the food throughout the whole meal.. so I cheated a little and had the waiter snap a pic of us at the end of our meal. It's not exactly 'my' picture of the day - but well, it's not like there's a Project 365 rule book... so here's my picture of the day!


Good friends, good food, good times!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment