Thursday, November 27, 2008

Found Magazine

I was just on the Post Secret MySpace blog and I discovered another fun project: Found Magazine.

Found is kind of similar to Post Secret, but not exactly. In Post Secret people send in secrets about themselves. At Found, people send in other peoples writings and pictures that they have found. It'd definitely not as profound as Post Secret, but it is still an interesting project.

Just think about the things you have found... book marks in the library, napkins at restaurants or bars, papers on the street... Its a pretty cool idea. Granted, I don't think its quite as cool as Post Secret, but it is neat to see the things that people find lying around. And then to think about what kind of things I have left around and who has found them. I mean its not completely out of the realm of possibility that something I doodled would end up in this magazine or on this website... very strange.

I think its especially interesting because, to me, it's reminder of how many people there are in the world and of how small I really am. I don't think that I'm particularly self-absorbed (although aren't we all to some extent?) but I have so much going on in my life that rarely do I sit down and think about the fact that I am only one person in this vast, huge world and there are millions of people who just go on with their lives completely independently of me. Its not exactly a comforting thing to think that if I was gone, only a very small group of people would be affected. But that is definitely the truth. The world is a big place and I am a small woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment