Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Exhale.....

Ok, So here I am on my last full day in Pittsburgh. Tomorrow I will be flying to Philadelphia to spend a couple of days at my sister's house (actually its a studio apartment) before heading to Taiwan. As you may have read, I've been a busy busy beaver the last couple of weeks, BUT I have managed to finish everything on my to-do list.... except packing!

Packing will be a feat in and of itself, and a very stressful one at that, but for now, before I start packing, I'm taking a moment to appreciate the fact that all is good in life and I'm done running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Tonight, my dad has a gig at Pizza Milano's with his band "The Contenders" so I'm hoping to have everything done before I head out for my last night in the Burgh. Then tomorrow I don't really have to worry about anything except finishing up my work for Bruker and getting on a short plane to Philly.

At this point, I have a mix of emotions and thoughts. The first one is "damn it, I'm ready to get on a plane and get over there already!" that is followed immediately by "how the hell am I going to get around without speaking Chinese!" and a thousand other questions about what it will be like and how we're going to do it.

I'm very excited and a more that just a little nervous. But mostly I'm just ready for all of the preparing to be over (I've been preparing for 7 months!) and to just dive in and check it all out.

So, here I go! Hopefully, the next blog I write will be from Taiwan!

No comments:

Post a Comment