Saturday, January 17, 2009

We're Here!

Ni Hao from Taoyuan, Taiwan!

After over 24 hours of travelling, we finally made it! The flights were long (over 5 hours from the east coast to SFO, over 10 hours from SFO to Tokyo, Japan, and then another 3 1/2 hour flight to Taiwan plus layovers!) but it wasn't that bad and I really have no complaints about the trip.

Once we arrived, we went through customs, grabbed our bags and got a taxi to our hotel: the Holiday Inn Express in Taoyuan! Now its about 12am here and 11am at home and we have to try to go to bed because we need to check out of our hotel in 12 hours. Hopefully we won't have too much trouble falling asleep, although neither of us are very tired at this point.

Right now, I really have no idea what tomorrow brings. I think our first priority is to go to Taichung because my college roommate, Nancy, has some family there. We're hoping that her aunt will let us store our big suitcases (one each) at her place until we get a bit more settled. We aren't very mobile dragging all of this luggage around. Other than that, we really don't have any plans at this point. So.... We'll see!

I'm so excited to finally be here, across the world, and starting something totally new for both of us... I've wanted to do this for so long, that I still can't really believe I'm here.

Well, off to bed (I hope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment